Are you looking for a healthy, but tasty burrito? Try @ChefTomKerridge recipe for a sweet potato and black bean burrito that serves 4. Preparation time: at least 2 hours from start to finish.
- 700g/1lb 9oz sweet potatoes (3 medium)
- 2 x 400g/14oz tins black beans, rinsed and drained
- 50g/1¾oz walnuts, toasted
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the chipotle yogurt
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 100g/3½oz 0% fat Greek-style yogurt, or similar dairy-free alternative. Choose a non-dairy alternative to Greek-style yogurt for a vegan version of these delicious burritos.
- 4 large corn (or wheat) tortillas
- 100g/3½oz iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 200g/7oz carrots, peeled and grated
- 200g/7oz raw beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 ripe, small avocado, peeled and quartered
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and put on a small baking tray. Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until soft all the way through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Turn off the oven. Scoop out the flesh from the sweet potatoes into a large bowl.
Put half of the black beans into a food processor with the walnuts and blend until smooth. Add to the sweet potato flesh, with the remaining black beans, paprika, dried herb mix, garlic powder and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Divide the mixture into four portions and shape into logs, about 15 x 7 x 2cm/6 x 2¾ x ¾in on the lined tray. Flatten them slightly and chill in the fridge to firm up for 2 hours.
Heat the oven again to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Cook the sweet potato patties on the middle shelf of the oven for 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the chipotle paste and yogurt together in a bowl. When the patties are cooked, place the tortillas in the oven for one minute until warm, but still pliable.
Spread each tortilla with a big spoonful of the chipotle yogurt and place a sweet potato patty in the middle. Top with lettuce, carrot and beetroot. Slice an avocado quarter in half and lay both pieces on top, then roll the tortilla around the filling tightly. Slice in half and serve.