via @MyNutriCounter and @_LauraHampson
Potatoes are the fourth largest food crop next to rice, wheat and corn. You can bake them, make mashed potatoes, and so much more. So why not add potatoes to your breakfast? Sweet potatoes have been hailed as a superfood lately because of their high source of vitamin A and vitamin C and for their dietary fiber. For this week’s Monday Eats, we’re mixing sweet potatoes with omelettes for a new take on breakfast.
Sweet Potato, Spinach and Bacon Breakfast Casserole
Ingredients (serves 8)
500g sweet potato
70g frozen spinach, chopped
75g shallots, minced
150glean bacon, chopped
60ml oz coconut milk
6 medium-sized eggs
15g nutritional yeast
1 tsp. paprika
30ml olive oil
1. Boil the sweet potatoes until tender enough to grate. This would take 10-15 minutes depending on the size.
2. When the sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and grate with a coarse cheese grater.
3. Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet.
4. Add the bacon and sauté until slightly brown.
5. Add the shallots and sweat until translucent.
6. Add the spinach and sauté for about a minute and season with salt.
7. Take off the heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
8. Preheat the oven to 190C.
9. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, paprika, and nutritional yeast. Stir in the bacon and spinach mixture.
10. Brush a baking dish/tin with olive oil. Arrange the sweet potatoes into an even layer at the bottom of the pan. Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
11. Bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are fully set and slightly brown at the edges.
This recipe was provided exclusively by MyNutriCounter.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $17.98Was: $26.68
Price: $27.99Was: $100.00
Price: $30.99Was: $31.64