Start your day like an Olympian with a healthy, veggie-filled frittata recipe.
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 small sweet potato, peeled and very thinly sliced
3 tablespoons cottage cheese
1/3 cup white cabbage, shaved
1 pinch salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Fresh herbs, to serve 1
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the olive to a pot on medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer mushrooms and onion to a plate and drizzle your remaining olive oil into the pan. Layer in your sweet potato, allowing the slices to overlap. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs until airy, then stir in the cottage cheese and cabbage.
- Carefully add your mushroom mix on top of the sweet potatoes, then pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate, top with your favorite herbs, slice and serve.